Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's about that time.......

So tomorrow is the first day of the last year of my 20's. God...29....when I was a kid that seemed so old and for a little while lately I felt the same way. However, I realize I'm not as bummed as getting close to 30 as I once was. When I turned 27 I was really bummed for some reason. 30 seemed too close, I felt like I wasn't ready, but now, I'm welcoming it....hell, I'm even excited. Now, 29 or 30 isn't old....it just means that NOW you are actually an adult. While you were technically one in your 20's, you're still considered a kid by most. I was inspired by my buddy Joe to look inside of myself and think of what I've accomplished in my 29 years, and what I want to accomplish before I hit the big 3-0. The one big thing I wanted to do before I was 30 was have my first child....and that's just not gonna happen....at least it isn't the plan anymore. So what do I want to accomplish? Aside from the usual domestic stuff (ie, pay off my debt, move into a bigger place, yada yada) I want to finally find my niche in music. Whether it be writing scores, jingles, etc, being a recording songwriter, a performer, whatever! I just want to find where I really belong, and get comfortable with it and get good at it. Other than that, I'm very content with everything else. I have an incredible wife, a stable job and a roof over my head and in these tough times, that's all I need. So, what am I going to do on the first day of the last year of being a "kid"???? I'm going to fuckin Disneyland!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! Check your e-mail for your "gift" ;)

timbrejo said...

Yeah...I wouldn't let yourself be inspired by that Joe guy...I hear he's a real douche.